This 6-inch chef’s knife is designed specially for smaller hands and those that prefer a lighter style chef’s knife that lets you effortlessly slice, dice, and chop through prep work.
MIYABI celebrates Japanese craftsmanship with Artisan. Using traditional methods and innovative techniques, these knives merge the past and present into an exceptional knife collection.
The potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is layered in a stunning Tsuchime finish. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. The CRYODUR® blades feature exceptional sharpness and durability thanks to their innovative, ice-hardening treatment. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.
Crafted with special Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood, the handles mirror the beauty of the blade. Sophisticated details include brass and red spacers, a mosaic pin and a stainless-steel end cap. The attractive D-shaped handle is designed to nestle comfortably in your hand for tireless cutting.
- Crafted from revolutionary SG2 (MC63) micro-carbide powder steel - 63 Rockwell hardness
- Tsuchime hand-hammered finish prevents sticking
- Ice-hardened CRYODUR blade for exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
- Hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12° edge angle
- Mirror-polished blade with sandblasted katana edge
- D-shaped, Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood handle
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan